3AW Small Business Success Award
The awards are judged by the small business mentoring service taking into account innovations in human resources, community contribution, movements towards sustainability, and product and sales or process improvement initiatives which have contributed to business success.
Transaero is the Monthly Winner of the award, and Kim Skyring attended the 3AW studios on 19 January to be presented with the award live on air.
The following is a summary of Transaero's achievements which have contributed to this success:
Innovations in human resources
- Providing flexible work opportunities to utilise mature age skilled workers.
- Developing a workforce action plan to map out training and professional development activities to support our business direction.
- Host and sponsor the annual Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea fundraiser, with a focus on fly-in visitors. The 2009 event attracted more than 20 visiting aircraft and donations totaled $827.50 for the Cancer Council.
- Contribute aviation safety related articles which are published in various aviation magazines.
- In a volunteer capacity, provided a display and demonstration of vintage aircraft restoration at Avalon Airshow 2009.
- Hosted work experience students from local high schools in 2009 and committed to continue to encourage local students to explore careers in Aircraft Maintenance.
- Since 2007, reduced energy use by more than 30% and waste to landfill by 50%.
- Developed a system of quality control with documented procedures and a safety management system.
- A comprehensive company website was launched in early 2008 www.transaero.com.au
- Expanded engine and airframe maintenance services to also cover electrical, instrument, and radio categories, and added specialist capabilities such as air-conditioning servicing.
- Created relationships with selected businesses to complement our services and allow us to offer aircraft upholstery and painting, engine and component overhaul and aircraft welding.
- Investigation and planning for a move to expanded premises to support future growth.
Transaero's Award Certificate
Visit the 3AW website for more information about the awards